How we are responding to COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has presented real challenges and risks to everyone. To meet the challenge we have had to examine all our processes at the Mandeville Hotel and make some difficult decisions. To keep our team members and our guests as safe as possible we took the decision to close on March 27, 2020. Now that Jamaica’s government has taken steps to re-open the economy, we have decided to re-open the Hotel on a phased basis beginning on June 15, 2020; accepting reservations for Superior and Junior Suite Rooms Only (no meals included). Dates for re-opening the poolside and Arches Restaurant, Manchester Arms Pub, and other areas of the property will be announced shortly.
- OUR SWIMMING POOL WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Staying safe during your stay
The health and safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. Adhering to the protocols we have developed with the guidance of the Ministry of Tourism’s Recovery Protocols will keep us all safe during your stay. At every stage of your visit to the Mandeville Hotel we will require that the procedures be strictly followed to ensure safety and minimize risk.
In order to check-in at the Mandeville Hotel we will ask that you be aware of the following:
- Pre-registration: To limit your contact time during check-in we are asking all guests to pre-register with all the required information Full Name, Address,Telephone Number, Email Address and a copy of your National ID (Driver’s Licence, Voter’s ID, Passport)
- Pre-payment: As much as possible we are also requiring pre-payment preferably by Direct Deposit or Credit Card
- Temperature Check: All guests will be subject to a temperature check at the entrance to the Hotel’s Lobby
- Health Declaration: We require all guests to declare if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness or if they have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Mask required: Guests are required to wear masks in the Hotel’s public spaces
- Sanitize on arrival: Guests will be invited to sanitize their hands and luggage on arrival at our Sanitization Station in the Lobby
- Social distancing: During the check-in procedure we require that all our guests practice social distancing by maintaining a 6-foot distance between each other and our team members
DURING YOUR STAY
Our team will be taking the utmost care to ensure that our rooms and public spaces are sanitized thoroughly and regularly using commercial-grade cleaning products and solutions.
- In-room: We are relaxing our Housekeeping Service to offer servicing every other day during your stay to limit contact time in-room. We will also be ensuring that staff are safely dressed in Personal Protective Equipment ie. Gloves, Masks, Aprons to clean rooms.
- Regular Sanitization: Frequent cleaning of our public spaces with a focus on high-traffic areas and touchpoints like doorknobs, railings, and handles.
- Social Distancing: Throughout our public spaces i.e, Lobby, Lounge, Restaurant, Bar, Poolside we insist on maintaining safe distances between patrons and family/friend groups
- Limited Capacities: In our Bar and Restaurant the number of patrons allowed at a given time has been reduced in keeping with the guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Health
- Sanitization Stations: Hand-sanitizing stations will be available in public spaces offering hand sanitizer with an alcohol content of 60% or higher
If you feel unwell during your stay
During your stay with us, we need to know immediately if you are feeling unwell and especially if you are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 i.e. fever, dry cough, tiredness, or lethargy. The following steps should be taken if you are feeling unwell:
- Contact: We require that guests who are feeling unwell contact our Front Desk by telephone. We ask that guests do not leave their room
- Evaluation: Guests will be evaluated by a designated team member to clarify symptoms being experienced and create an internal report
- Reporting: We will immediately notify the relevant Ministry of Health entities at the Parish and National level.
Team MH thanks you for your patience and understanding as we adapt to the necessary changes to our Hotel’s operations that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought about. Exercising personal responsibility and following the protocols developed will help us to avoid illness and minimize the spread of COVID-19 and we ask for your cooperation if you choose to stay with us.
We invite your questions and comments as we navigate the new ‘normal’. Reach out to us if you need more information about any of the protocols outlined here.